Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Got A New Heart!

I am so thankful to God for using Mark Driscoll in my life. He puts words to what I've been thinking and pondering for so long now. I have gotten excited about reading the Bible. And it hasn't just been a temporary thing that I drop after a few weeks. It has become constant.

A regenerated heart is what I have. A new heart and a new mind. Transformed by the grace of God. I actually want to please God. I actually want to treat my wife lovely. I actually want to be a servant. That's my deepest desire. And I can't boast in myself, but in Him. He is the One who changed me.

What is your deepest desire? Is it to please God, or to please someone else?

Driscoll has been going through a series called Ask Anything, where people voted online to pick the top 9 questions to ask him about anything. Check out the video below. Here he talks about the differences between faith and works (i.e., Jesus=good, Religion=bad), and the difference between Christians and a non-Christians. I am so thankful for God using Mark to help me understand how God works for us, in us, and through us.


Click here if you want to see a larger video.

1 comment:

  1. : ) Its awesome to read your thoughts and passions about God, as usual. I feel the same way. It is so encouraging to know that other people, men in particular, have the strong desire to serve Christ in all that they do. I'm praying that my future husband will have the same heart for God that you do, bubba. : )

    ReplyDelete