Monday, February 18, 2008

300 Sexy Abdominals

Last night we watched 300. So many sexy pectorals and abdominals. Pretty sure they didn't look like that way back in the day, but hey, I appreciate a fine specimen of the human body. And there were certainly plenty of them in this movie.

The movie had a good, simple plot...fighting for freedom and not kneeling down to false gods. It had simply amazing fight scenes...bloody, intense, and drenched in testosterone. Even the sex scene was relatively decent...and by decent, I mean that it was passionate lovemaking between a married man and woman (as opposed to adulterous sin).

While I was watching this movie, I found myself wanting to pick up a sword and a shield myself and start killing me some bad guys. After the movie, Jen and I were discussing the fact that this is the kind of movie that guys love. Why do most men love movies with fighting, violence, and war?

I believe that it's because men were created that way. Most people that know me see me as a relatively gentle, peaceful, non-physical type of guy. I have never been in a fist fight in my life. Well deep down I like to believe that I would beat down anybody who was hurting the ones that I loved. I have a real fighting side to me. It comes out when I watch movies like this. But is it really that wrong? Is it wrong to fight the bad guys? To stand up for justice and freedom? To protect my wife, and one day, my kids?

Too many men now-a-days have become lazy and sissy. Movies like this get me excited to fight for those that need to be protected, to fight against evil, and to fight for Jesus' name. I have this desire to fight deep inside of me, as a man. I don't want to ignore it. I want to use it for good, fighting against evil.


Images from rottentomatoes.com