Friday, August 24, 2007

Two Types of Christians

This morning I realized that there are two types of Christians in this world.
  • Type 1 wants to read the Bible, but doesn't read it because he/she doesn't really want to.
  • Type 2 wants to read the Bible, and actually reads it because he/she actually wants to!
After growing up in a Christian home and committing my life to Christ when I was 17, I think that I've finally made it to Type 2. Isn't that ridiculous?!

I finally am at the point where I can say that I enjoy reading the Bible every day... 7 years after I've committed myself to what it says in the Bible. How can I call myself a Christian if I don't read what God has written to me?

Then the disciples came and said to Him, "Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this statement?" But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant shall be uprooted. Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind and if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit." --Matthew 15:12-14 (NASB)

Image taken from here

1 comment: