Monday, April 27, 2009

The Jesus Storybook Bible

Ever wonder how to teach the Bible to young kids? Think they will just get bored with Jesus and rather watch something like Spongebob? Well, look no further! The Jesus Storybook Bible is just the book for you!

Our church's kids ministry recommended this book to us for use in the Sunday School classrooms. The main idea is this: A picture book that summarizes the main stories in the Bible while highlighting the importance of Jesus woven into each and every page. I couldn't wait to get my hands on one.

Jen bought one with a gift card we were saving for something special, and this sure was worth it! For the past month and a half, I read through the whole book with my wife right before we went to bed: One short story each night (of the 44 total stories). I guess you could say that I am excited to read this to my own kids some day, and I decided to practice on my wife. The pictures are so funny and the reading is perfect for kids. I use it at church with teaching my kids on Sunday too.

Come to think of it, it would actually be a great read for adults as well. Many adults haven't read through the entire Bible and often lose sight of the thread of Jesus throughout the entire Word. This is a great summarized look at how God purposefully made history to align with His Son humbly sacrificing Himself for us. Many adults miss the simplicity of the Gospel that this book displays.

I love this book. Avoid teaching the massive amounts of text, theology, and tedium to your kids. Instead, fill their story time with wonderful pictures, God-breathed stories, and Jesus-centered fun!

Image from Google Book Search

No comments:

Post a Comment