Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cookies and Bark

Following in my sister's footsteps in the kitchen and the fact that it's pretty much a social expectation at work, I signed up to bring treats to work on Monday. Jen and I made scrumptious goodies... and the secret ingredient: Candy Canes!

Jen offered to make everything, but I wanted to help too. So we decided that she would make the Candy Cane Snowball cookies and I would make the Peppermint Bark.

They were a success! Lots of compliments at work. However, there were a lot more compliments for her cookies than for my bark.

After work I told Jen the news that she had received more praise from my co-workers than I had, and she replied, "You think everything is a competition, don't you?"

Yep. Pretty much!

I guess even making fun treats like this tests my humility.