Monday, August 13, 2007

Movie Review: The Bourne Ultimatum

The Bourne Ultimatum
Directed by Paul Greengrass

Jason Bourne's last adventure to find out the truth behind his violent past. So cool. We saw this with my family when we came down to Portland this past weekend.

It was a sweet movie. Lots of action and great character development. There was a great line at the end of the film, too. Bourne asked another assassin, "Do you even know why you're supposed to kill me?"

I've thought about this question many times since experiencing the greatness that is Jason Bourne, but I have changed it in order to fit my own circumstances: Are you really supposed to ___?

Am I really supposed to use a harsh tone when conversing with my fiancee?
Am I really supposed to be surfing the internet at work?
Am I really supposed to spend my money instead of save it?
Am I really supposed to waste my free time instead of read my Bible?

One thing that I learned from Jason Bourne is to question what I think I'm supposed to be doing. What am I really supposed to be doing with my life?

5 out of 5 stars.

Image from rottentomatoes.com

1 comment:

  1. Good review. Very in depth and meaningful.

    The movie was totally amazing...even though there was no romantic scene... : (

    ReplyDelete