Thursday, March 24, 2011

S-A-H D Lesson #1

Stay-At-Home Dad Lesson #1: When your baby is sleeping, do chores as fast as humanly possible!

The first thing I have learned may be the most important if you actually want to get a lot done during the day. If Jen is off to work before I get a chance to get myself ready, I have to wait until Nolan's morning nap before I do my own personal grooming.

Once he is finally sleeping, I quickly take a shower, eat breakfast, shave, and brush my teeth before he wakes up. His naps range about 30min-2hrs. I never know how long I'll have, so I need to go fast with whatever I do. Even this blog post I'm writing while he is napping, so I am typing super fast!

Other daily stuff I have to do while he naps includes doing the dishes, taking out the trash, cleaning up, make myself lunch, etc. If I have time after all that, I don't know what to do with myself! By the time I figure out what work I can do for either my teacher website or the community garden, Nolan's cute little cry echos through the monitor. I am amazed at how little I get done.

It's worth it, though. He's worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment