Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Marley & Me

We finished watching Marley & Me this past weekend. I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't connect with it as much as Jen did. She had dogs growing up and I did not. However, I still realized how important Marley was to the family. He was a family member just like anyone else in the house and they didn't want to just get rid of him because he was a pain.

At the end of the movie John Grogan said this:

"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"

It is so true. How often I forget how God can use me to bless other people. How often I forget that God can use me to make others feel special and extraordinary. That is something I need to remember and I need to make sure my selfishness doesn't get in the way of God's desire to use me to help others who are in need.

Riedlblog label: Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment