Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I Just Almost Died.

On my way home from work today, I almost died.

I was daydreaming while traveling 40 mph down the road. I know, I know, not a smart thing to do, but hey, sometimes it just happens. I wouldn't recommend anyone try it.

I started to veer to the left, towards oncoming traffic... but was shaken back into reality with good vibrations. I felt the little bumps that they put on the double-yellow lines in the middle of the street. My car began to vibrate and as I remembered to stay in my lane, another car zipped by me within inches. I would like to meet the inventor of those bumps and shake that person's hand.

This ordeal reminded me of a saying that I don't know if I've heard before... and if I haven't then I am just making it up right now:

"If it weren't for the little bumps in life, you'd be facing oncoming traffic."

So there you go. Meditate on that. :-) Appreciate the little pains in life if they help you keep focus on avoiding the big pains you might face in the future.

2 comments:

  1. that's pretty scary! But sometimes coming close to death does make you more aware in the future of who you are and where you're at...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this doesn't turn you off daydreaming...just daydream responsibly.

    ReplyDelete