Thursday, February 15, 2007

Can you believe it?

Well, I did it.

I decided to ultimately toss my Pez dispenser collection down to the bottom-rung of my priority list. It wasn't a difficult decision to make, but it is hard in the sense that I feel like I am possibly ignoring a large part of my life by spending less time focusing on it. But what do I have left in my life?

If anything, I have more time to spend doing so many other things. Before I got into my relationship with Jen, I played video games fairly often. But now I play video games almost never. And it's great! I get to spend more time focusing on the Lord, my fiancee, my friends, my family, my church, my work, and all the things that really matter. ...and guess what? Pez certainly isn't on the "things that matter" list.

Now, I'm not going to throw out my Pez dispenser collection. Some people have called it a "weird thing for a 23-year old guy to do" but I just see it as something fun that I can show people when they come over, and if they think it's weird then who cares. It's not like they are a bunch of little idols or something like that. It's just a hobby, like photography or playing an instrument "on the side" of life. I'm going to keep all 422 of them (as of last week). And I'm certainly not going to refuse accepting a gift if somebody has an extra one laying around their house if they want to get rid of it. ;-)

I'm just making sure that it doesn't take up the quality time of my life that I have here. I want to make sure that I'm focusing on the important things (and people), and I guess I can just say that my Pez collection is just "out of focus."

No comments:

Post a Comment