Monday, December 5, 2011

Another double coupon week!

I think we are to the point now where we have enough stuff stockpiled to wait and buy things when there is an awesome deal.  We are also at a point where we are cutting back on our monthly grocery budget.  It is a great feeling to know that we have saved so much money already, and now we don't have to worry about buying things!  I love being able to go into my pantry and just pull out what I need.  This week Albertsons was having a promo where you get $10 off the purchase of a gift card for every $30 you spend on select Procter and Gamble items.  I bought Albertsons gift cards with my transactions, used them on other transactions, and ended up with all these things!  The retail cost would have been $173.84.  We got 10 boxes of Cheerios (good thing, because they are both mine and Nolan's favorite cereal), four 100oz bottles of Tide, a bottle of Downy, 8 cans of Pringles (Aaron was excited about that one), 2 boxes of tea bags, 3 boxes of Hamburger Helper, 2 big bottles of shampoo, and 6 jars of applesauce (another of Nolan's favorite foods).  With the P&G promo, coupons, and sales, I spent $66.66.  Couponing success!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I generally only use store coupons. Sensitivities prohibit me from using most manufactured products. I read the weekly ads and try to stock up on needed items when they're on sale, staying within a budget. We just purchased a small freezer. I put lots of cooked pumpkin puree, turkey and chicken stock in 2 cup servings in it and it's waiting for more baked goods. I also put in two turkeys, one whole, the other cut up--31 cents a pound! I think I've finally convinced Uncle Dan that planning and buying ahead is the only way to do groceries. I like having everything on hand, too.

    ReplyDelete